Thursday, October 16, 2008

20. Comments Received Week 6

15th Sept

This week, I've received some comments which are music to my ears. On the other hand there are some issues with the problem of me not applying my artworks on the dress, which I've known but kind of avoided it because I haven't exactly loved every piece of work I've done, so I drop it because I don't see myself wearing it or feel like it's not going to stand out amongst my class of thirteen. That makes things more difficult for myself because I keep starting anew each time I'm working on the same theme, and it's probably hard to follow what I am doing because there isn't a clear idea flowing at the moment.


"Emma (your Lecturer) says: Lots and lots of ideas, Geraldine, but you never seem to follow anything through to conclusion. Instead you drop it and move onto the next idea. Is this because you are not recording your full thought process, or because you are being too ambitious? No-one said anything about quilting your designs, through digital print. It's a great idea, but I worry it might distract you from your quite simple project brief. Don't over-complicate things. You have enough material here for 100 design briefs!"

"geraldine, your cpj, for me, is very interesting, very professional..
you have many good artwork that you never show to class and i thought i just a waste because they have big potential.
for example, the yellowgreentiny.jpg.. it is very great.. i think u should consider that.. and i love your picture in number 8.
especially the second,third, and forth picture under number 8..
you look have many idea, great ones, but, you seems confuse how to apply. i suggest, now, for this weekend, i think u should
look back on all your artwork and start thinking of the placement, composition,etc.
don't forget, concept.."

"ur designer researches are damn gd. and u got alota works turn out so much better in photographs. nth is bad gerr...okay....juz not quite enough...ur juz trying to figure out wats ur gd at..."



I know I've been hopping around the lily-pads of my brain of swirly thoughts, but I'm surer right now as to what I want/ don't want in my designs. I hope I stick to the ideas I've planned out at the moment because there is no more time for ambiguity and fickleness.


No comments: