Tuesday, October 21, 2008

15. Secondary Research Week 6

11th Sept
The last time I did research with the objective of finding a designer who works/ has works that are similar to mine was pretty unsuccessful. I tried looking at the works of other student designers who are studying textiles and other courses in universities.
I thought some of them (though not directly related to textiles or fashion) were very good techniques, and I could incorporate them into my textile designs.

Tang has emphasized a lot on the fact that digital printing is cool because it allows the illusion of something 3D, such as bead work or embroidery, without having to actually sew for hours on end.
I am picking up on this idea, but expanding it to other types of techniques I might try.. such as the illusion of a particular type of fabric/texture on the cloth but having a totally different hand-feel when explored with your fingers.

No comments: