Wednesday, October 22, 2008

13. Little India Attempted Development Weekend of Week 5

8th Sept

I have been putting off The Horsey for too long. I wouldn't say I was lazy but it was and still is pretty intimidating. I don't know how to draw a horse. They all turn out so retarded in an ugly way. I have also been thinking about how I could change this horse but still retain some kind of "Little India-ness" in it. I fell back to pens and paper although I was pretty sure I was going to make a sculpture of a horse. I might later, but for now, these are the most retarded stuff for this semester.

I considered some placement before drawing them. I like the idea of a print going across the seams, having to join the image with different panels as well as the need to have the wearer's hands fall down or raised to reveal the complete image, as seen in Hiromichi Nakan's collection and .. this I found on Copenhagen Streetstyle


N/B- Up to this point, I don't think my work is necessarily kidswear friendly.
The colours and aesthetic of my creations will scare children I say!

No comments: