Tuesday, October 21, 2008

14. Reflection Week 6

9th Sept
Today we were looking at some other classmates' works and trying to figure out their PERSONAL CONCEPT. While trying to guess their design identity and style of work, I was a little surer of my concept.
Some points brought up were parallel between my mates' and mine, such as indecision- me going back and forth, trying out new things such as quilting before I got any better with paper cutting, literal translation- trying to directly translate textures from research into artwork and cloth. I think its easy for anyone to guess what my theme is which I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing.

I browsed through my recent works in my brain gallery and thought over how to describe them, as well as the direction I plan for each of the three themes.
I feel a strong need to break away from 2D drawings/paintings at the moment because everyone else in class is doing that, and I would like my final digitally-printed placement design to have the appearance of textures articulated through relief, shadows and highlights. Also what seems to be more intriguing to me at the moment is exaggeration of body parts (to enhance or diminish).

My classmate Mira told me I have great ideas that never quite come through. I know I often speak of the hundreds of ideas I have but having to articulate it is sometimes frightening because the execution should be accurate or close, at least. What I have in my mind never quite matches the output I create and that upsets me although I would not easily admit.

No comments: