Friday, October 24, 2008

11. Irrelevant Designer Research Week 5

7th Sept

I tried doing some designer research whose works relate to mine but there aren't any which have got a striking resemblance.


Balenciaga FW0809
Constructions aside, there are some techie-fabrics in this collection which have a sort of jacquard texture one might find in furisode kimono. I see some bits of trompe loeil- use of imagery of what appears to be dragon scales..


Hiromichi Nakano AW0809
I quite like the placement of the swans in this collection, and the combination of a tight and loose knit in the same dress


Lie Sang Bong SS08
LSB (Korean) built a whole collection on what seems to me like a well peeled apple shaving.
the ombre effect in the "single"(?) piece of cloth makes me think it might well be a strange fruit from outer space and the layering gives it more dimension, which makes me think the entire dress could have its layers printed on a piece of cloth. that makes trompe loeil.





No comments: